- Pocket-sized, lightweight vial
- Color chart protected in vial
- Semi-customizable label
- Bulk quantities available
- 100 test strips
QAC Test Paper
QAC Test Paper
QAC Test Paper is used to detect the strength of quaternary ammonium compounds in sanitizers. QAC Compounds exhibit microbicidal activity to most microbes at 200ppm concentration.
- Remove a strip of test paper from the vial, being careful not to touch the strip anywhere other than where you grasp it with your fingertips.
- Dip about 1″ of test paper into the solution to be tested and hold there for 90 seconds. Compare to the included color chart.
NOTE: The test strips should be kept in closed vials when not used, out of direct sunlight, at room temperature.
Precision Laboratories QAC test papers and strips utilize an effect commonly referred to as the “protein-error of indicators” to quantify the QAC ppm levels. While first observed with proteins (thus the name), the technique utilizes pH indicators and buffering systems to create an environment where the test paper or strip reacts (develops color) proportional to the amount of analyte (QAC) present. The PL QAC test papers and strips have color charts calibrated to solutions prepared from OASIS 146, an industry standard QAC product. The performance of the papers and strips with alternate QAC products should always be verified. In addition, any additives should be evaluated to see if they contribute to the “protein-error” effect.
JD600; JG600; 600/500; 106; 106-12V-100; 106-144V-100; 106-500V-100
.75″ (D) x 2.75″ (H) [19mm (D) x 70mm (H)]
1.875" (L) x .25" (W) [48mm (L) x 6mm (W)]
|Item # (1):||
106-12V-100 (12 vials, 100 strips/vial)
|Item # (2):||
106-144V-100 (144 vials, 100 strips/vial)
|Item # (3):||
106-500V-100 (500 vials, 100 strips/vial)